Who else hates getting piles of junk mail? Not only is it annoying to receive a bunch of papers and flyers in your mailbox that you're never going to read, but junk mail also produces so much unnecessary waste that costs money and time to handle and recycle all the unwanted mail that gets sent out every day.
- Long Beach City - Stop Unwanted Door Flyers
- DirectMail - National Do Not Mail List
- Catalog Choice - Stop Junk Mail For Good
- Yellow Pages - Opt-Out
- RetailMeNot - Remove Address From Mailer List
- FTC Consumer advice - How To Stop Junk Mail
- OptOutPrescreen - Opt Out Of Credit/Insurance Offers
- DMA Choice - Reduce Promotional Mail
- While you're at it... FTC National Do Not Call Registry
If all else fails, make it a point to set aside 30 minutes once a week or month to call companies directly to ask to be removed from their mailing list. Usually they are happy to do it, it just might take a few weeks to apply. Kindly explain that you are just trying to reduce the amount of waste!